Staying through coronavirus.
The whole house belongs to the stays of those living together.
There are other new rules for visitors to follow. Help us keep the MOC House your wartime refuge in the hills.
- If you experience corona, stay home and we’ll refund you.
- Bring all your own stuff from home
- so that you keep Montreal 2 or more meters from Prévost en estine.
- Deep clean on departure. We have a brown milk crate of cleaning supplies for you up there.
For easy operations, we put an empty night between stays and the yard is for the sole use of the household booking.
The House calendar still shows availability. Empty days are open to your household party.
When you decide your stay email [email protected] and [email protected] with the names of those staying plus their MOC membership status and the dates you want the house for. One of us will let you know if your stay is possible. If a go, you transfer your house fees to [email protected]. Then, you receive the House.
The nightly price, that is $15 the first night and $10 thereafter for members. For the time being, all who stay must be members.
For over sixty years, the MOC has offered its members a chance to escape the stresses of the city by staying at our House in the Laurentian town of Prévost! Located 45 minutes north of Montréal by car, the House is a great place to relax and spend the night after a day of hiking, climbing, skiing, shinny, or swimming! The house is heated and has a two stove kitchen, four bedrooms, and two bathrooms.
Any MOC member may stay at the House and bring up to two guests each.
Members: $15 first night, $10 each night thereafter
Guests: $20 first night, $15 each night thereafter
Official House Rules
Please read the house rules before you go.
Respecting other MOC members, guests, and our neighbours and friends in the town of Prevost is very important! Please help us do our part to maintain our relationship with the community.
MOC House Manual
The House Manual contains everything you want to know when planning to go to the house. How to get there? What to bring? What are the important things to check before leaving the house? Note: The Boni-Choix has closed since publication of the Manual 🙁 Some other things are outdated, manual will be updated sooner or later.
Trails and maps
Detailed Biking Directions to Prevost
- From Gouin Boulevard, go North at the railroad tracks across an old railroad bridge into Laval.
- Continue to follow signs for the Route Verte 1 (they can be tricky). You should be continually moving NNW.
- Turn left onto the Boulevard-Sainte-Rose.
- Turn right onto the bridge out of Laval. There will be a bike path across the bridge and then it will kind of peters out. This is the only segment without a solid bike path. You will be biking along the Curé-Labelle (117N) for about 3km.
- Turn right on Chemin de la Cote Saint Louis. You are back on a bike path!
- Turn left on Route Verte 2.
- Continue to follow signs for the Route Verte 2 all the way to St Jerome, where it turns into the P’tit Train du Nord.
- Continue along the P’tit Train until kilometer 14, the old Prévost Train Station.
- Turn left onto rue de la Station. You are now within 500 meters of the House. If you’ve reserved your spot and paid your house fees, then you know the exact address and how to get the key. If you haven’t shame on you.
- Google Maps of the directions above
The house has been under the auspices of the club since 1954. Numerous improvements have been made, mostly by members themselves. We are quite handy, (and cheap!) so we welcome anyone with experience in home repair to contact us! You can read more about the purchase of the house here.
Interested in helping AT the House?
House Management usually runs two maintenance weekends, one in the fall and one in the spring. Volunteers get a free stay at the house, meals and transport in exchange for helping with cleaning, some repairs, etc. Stay tuned to our listserv for announcements!